The Adventure Begins!

We are dipping out on Tampa! Going where no one has gone before: to explore strange new lands and civilizations to ensure we have an awesome life. Follow along with us on this excellent adventure!

Gearing up for the exciting journey! please start from the beginning of the blog if your a new visitor

Where?

We want to encourage our readers to join in on our adventure and make suggestions to us. Basically tell us where to go, what to do, where to eat, and just anything that you may know of that we should not pass by. Many of you have been where we are going and probably know more than us. Also venues and whatever may be going on where we may be would be great.

KEEP US ROLLING!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hollywood & Leno





We headed into the city to check out LA but not before we checked in to this awesome RV site we found right on the beach. It was Dockweiler State Park and Beach and it offered awesome views of some killer waves. We got set up, plugged in electric, hooked up the water, then got our walking shoes on and hit the city. We went over to Sunset Blvd. and Hollywood Blvd saw the stars and Grauman's Chinese Theatre. It started to get a little too tourtisty for us with the cheesy gift shops, so we grabbed our souvenir postcards and headed for Melrose. We checked out some little boutique shops and thrift stroes and then stopped in the local 7-Eleven for a quick Slurpee, my fav.

We starting walking down Melrose, just minding our own biz, when outta nowhere this guy stopped us. He said, "Hey guys, ya wanna get interviewed by Jay Leno?" Ryan was still feeling a bit sluggish, his Monster energy drink hadn't kicked in yet, but my Slurpee had perked me right up and I responded, "Yea, Sure thing!" I asked the guy, "Are we really going to get interviewed by Jay Leno?" and he was like, "Ugh, yeah, he's right there." I turned around and there he was, full head to toe denim outfit and all. I was like. "Whoa...I just thought he was going to be interviewing us from a monitor, not in real life. This is even more crazy!" Ryan reminded me of the skit "JayWalk" and then it came to me.

So I smacked on my lip chap, pulled my hair out of my face ad tried to remain calm. They called me over and there I stood next to THE Jay Leno. I held out my hand and said my name with a silly "Heya". And then that's when I blacked out...Nah, just kidding...that's when the camera beamed at me, the lights flashed and I was on. haha...I have to say it felt pretty cool to talk to Jay and not at all scary or intimidating. It felt really natural. And so that was the moment, I started my movie career. J/K

After the Leno interview, we headed out on Sunset Blvd. for the nightlife of the Viper Room and Whiskey-a-Go Go! Only to stroll by Kat Von Dee and Bam Margera and then knock elbows with them at the bar, The Cat Club for a little acoustic soul.




No comments:

Travel Photo Album

Feel free to check out our travel pictures in our web album located at:

We hope you enjoy! Thanks to everyone for following along with us on our travels!