The Adventure Begins!

We are dipping out on Tampa! Going where no one has gone before: to explore strange new lands and civilizations to ensure we have an awesome life. Follow along with us on this excellent adventure!

Gearing up for the exciting journey! please start from the beginning of the blog if your a new visitor

Where?

We want to encourage our readers to join in on our adventure and make suggestions to us. Basically tell us where to go, what to do, where to eat, and just anything that you may know of that we should not pass by. Many of you have been where we are going and probably know more than us. Also venues and whatever may be going on where we may be would be great.

KEEP US ROLLING!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

PCH to Huntington Beach!




We drove north up the PCH headed for Los Angeles. It was a great drive and actually pretty short, since we decided to stop in at Huntington Beach. What an awesome place! It had this lil' main street with surf shops and seafood grills. And in the evening, they had an outside market with vendors and live music. We walked out on the boardwalk where tons of people were fishing. It was really windy and actually quite cold. I dragged Ryan down to the beach because I was itching to catch some rays, but there was no way we were taking our hoodies off. Too windy and chilly! But awesome weather just to hang out in. We went back over to where the RV was parked and I spotted this adorable orange/white cat with a rattlesnake-colored tail. He was beautiful! Too beautiful to be a stray, right? Well, of course I kneeled down and psst'ed at him and he came right over to befriend me. I instantly fell in love. I opened the door to the RV and he jumped right in. It was fate! We could use a lil furry friend on the SS Yella. But my sensible side kicked in and I realized I could not take this (possible?) stray cat across the country. I mean, where would the litter box go? So, sadly I had to say goodbye to my lil Puss n' Boots. Ryan started up the rig and the purring sound of the Yella made the cat haul ass outta there. I guess he settled that. So, we pulled out and smacked the side of a huge palm tree. Youch! Ugh, I was watching the back from the bathroom and Ryan was supposed to be watching the sides, but really it was just a simple accident, nobody's fault, really! Let's just say the Yella is okay but just needs a little cosmetic touch. Maybe a side lift. After checking the damage and seeing that it was really not that bad, we put our positive thinking forward and headed for the Hills of Hollywood.

No comments:

Travel Photo Album

Feel free to check out our travel pictures in our web album located at:

We hope you enjoy! Thanks to everyone for following along with us on our travels!