The Adventure Begins!

We are dipping out on Tampa! Going where no one has gone before: to explore strange new lands and civilizations to ensure we have an awesome life. Follow along with us on this excellent adventure!

Gearing up for the exciting journey! please start from the beginning of the blog if your a new visitor

Where?

We want to encourage our readers to join in on our adventure and make suggestions to us. Basically tell us where to go, what to do, where to eat, and just anything that you may know of that we should not pass by. Many of you have been where we are going and probably know more than us. Also venues and whatever may be going on where we may be would be great.

KEEP US ROLLING!

Friday, April 30, 2010

Leaving Canada and back to the Home of the Brave!

So, we packed up the RV and headed for the promise land, America!!! We enjoyed Vancouver but I miss dollar bills and I don't feel like lugging around all these Canadian coins in my little purse. Kills my shoulders! So, we we headed for the border and crossed our fingers that the American border would let us back in without a problem. The waiting time for the line was about and hour, so we just idled and waited. Sipping our juice, snacking on rice cakes and using our plush bathroom when needed. We had the life compared to the other people just waiting in their simple cars. I think I may have even taken a nap in the bedroom. haha.. J/K So, we are almost to the front of the line and we see a fast lane on the side for people with special passes or if your vehicle is too tall or wide then you go through as well. We thought, we are only about 5 cars away from the front, but this is our chance, I think that this lane is for us. I mean, I have no idea how tall this thing is. Especially not in meters! So we pulled up to the lane...the guy at the booth was not at all happy with us. I quickly reassured him and said, "Ugh, sorry sir, we waited in line the whole way, but then saw this lane for tall/wide loads and we got confused and thought we should enter in here!" I  mean, after all, that was the truth, it was totally innocent. But of course, people hate me in foreign countries and he said, very condescendingly, "Really, you thought you were too tall, gimme a break, lady, please!" And I just said graciously, "No really, I'm not bs-ing ya! We really didn't know. Sorry! It's our first time going through the border like this, sorry!"

So, he gave us a break, thankfully and proceeded to play the 20 question game with us. Pretty similar questions to the first time we came in. We told him we were relocating to NYC for our jobs and just wanted to take a cross-country road trip before we got settled in. Ya know, the usual travel story. Funny how they never believe this. So he asked me all these questions like what we are going to do when we get to NYC, what have we been doing all this travel trip and asked us to declare any goods. Personally, I think we just intrigued him. But at any rate, I told him the truth. And it worked. He asked us again though about the goods thing, like not even a souvenir, and we just told him that: "Hello...it is too expensive in Canada. I mean, we didn't even bring back a postcard, really!" So that was it, he said, "You're free to go, but just so you know, you're not even close to being over height so don't pull that one ever again!" I grabbed the passports and said, "You got it!" I pulled away slowly from the booth and we headed into the USA. Ryan and I started singing, "I am a Real American!" from Rocky and it was awesome! Felt good to be home!

No comments:

Travel Photo Album

Feel free to check out our travel pictures in our web album located at:

We hope you enjoy! Thanks to everyone for following along with us on our travels!